Diwali, the festival of lights, is just around the corner, and it’s time to prepare for the five days of celebration. As we jump into the essence of this auspicious occasion, this comprehensive guide will provide you with insights into the festival’s significance and the precise timings for each of these special days.
Key Highlights: Diwali Puja Timings 2023
- Dhanteras (November 10) – Commence the festivities with Puja Muhurat from 5:47 pm to 7:43 pm. Embrace the auspicious day to venerate Lord Kubera and Goddess Lakshmi while exploring the possibilities of acquiring precious metals like gold and silver.
- Choti Diwali (November 11) – Illuminate your celebration with the ‘Deepdaan Shubh Muhurat’ between 05:29 pm and 8:07 pm. This day signifies the triumph of light over darkness, bringing a radiant start to the festival.
- Diwali (November 12) – Revel in the main festive day with Lakshmi Puja Muhurat from 5:39 pm to 7:35 pm. Join in the grand celebration of Diwali as you offer your prayers to Goddess Lakshmi.
- Govardhan Puja (November 13) – Pay homage to Lord Krishna with the Govardhan Puja Muhurat spanning from 06:43 am to 08:52 am. This day symbolizes the miraculous lifting of the ‘Govardhan’ mountain, a tale of divine strength.
- Bhai Dooj (November 14) – Strengthen the bonds of sibling love during the Puja Aparahna Time from 01:10 pm to 03:19 pm, reminiscent of the spirit of Rakshabandhan.
- Muhurat Trading – Mark your calendars for this auspicious trading session on Sunday, November 12, 2023. With Pre-Opening, Normal, Closing, and F&O sessions running from 6:00 PM to 7:35 PM, seize the opportunity for prosperous investments.
- As Diwali approaches, understanding the significance of each day’s Puja timings and traditions is paramount for a joyous and prosperous celebration.
The Five Days of Diwali
Let’s begin our journey into the heart of Diwali by breaking down each of the five days and their respective Puja timings:
Dhanteras Puja Timings (November 10)
On this auspicious day, people worship Lord Kubera and Goddess Lakshmi, the deities of wealth and prosperity. It’s customary to buy new metal items, particularly gold and silver, to invite good fortune and abundance into their homes.
- Dhanteras Puja Muhurat: 5:47 pm to 7:43 pm
- It is the auspicious day to worship Lord Kubera and Goddess Lakshmi and acquire new metal items, especially gold and silver.
Choti Diwali Puja Timings (November 11)
Choti Diwali is the triumph of light over darkness. This day is marked by the symbolic victory of good over evil, and people light lamps and offer prayers to continue spreading the light of knowledge.
- Choti Diwali or Naraka Chaturdashi
- ‘Deepdaan Shubh Muhurat’: 05:29 pm to 8:07 pm
Diwali Puja Timings (November 12)
Diwali, the main festival day, is dedicated to the worship of Goddess Lakshmi. The Muhurat is a time for seeking blessings and welcoming wealth and prosperity into one’s life. The celebration is a grand affair with families coming together for prayers, feasting, and lighting lamps.
- Lakshmi Puja Muhurat: 5:39 pm to 7:35 pm
Govardhan Puja Timings (November 13)
This day follows Diwali and is observed as a day to honour Lord Krishna. It signifies the divine act of Lord Krishna lifting the ‘Govardhan’ mountain to protect the residents of Mathura from the wrath of Lord Indra. Devotees build miniature mountains from cow dung and worship them in a gesture of gratitude and devotion.
- Govardhan Puja Muhurat: 06:43 am to 08:52 am
- A day after Diwali is dedicated to worshipping Lord Krishna, symbolising the lifting of the ‘Govardhan’ mountain.
Bhai Dooj Puja Timings (November 14)
Bhai Dooj celebrates the most special bond, i.e., between brothers and sisters. Sisters apply ’tilak’ on their brothers’ foreheads and pray for their well-being. It’s a day of reaffirming the strong sibling relationship, similar to Rakshabandhan and exchanging love and blessings.
- Bhai Dooj Aparahna Time: 01:10 pm to 03:19 pm
Muhurat Trading 2023
Diwali also brings with it the tradition of Muhurat Trading, which is believed to bring good luck. This year, Muhurat Trading is scheduled for Sunday, November 12, 2023. Here are the trading session timings:
- Pre-Opening Market Session: 6:00 PM – 6:08 PM
- Normal Market Trading Session: 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM
- Closing Session: 7:25 PM – 7:35 PM
- F&O, Currency, MCX, NCDEX (Derivatives): 6:15 PM to 7:15 PM
As Diwali approaches, it’s essential to know the Puja timings and the importance of each day of this five-day festival. Embrace the spirit of Diwali by following the rituals and making the most of Muhurat Trading. May this Diwali illuminate your life with joy and prosperity!
Disclaimer: Investments in the securities market are subject to market risks; read all the related documents carefully before investing.