As we celebrate Women’s Day, it’s important to recognise women’s progress in various fields, including finance and investments. Women today are more financially literate and independent than ever before, taking charge of their own financial future. In this article, we will talk about six investment options that every woman should know about.
- Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs): SGBs are a government-backed investment scheme that allows investing in gold without buying physical gold. These bonds can be purchased in denominations of one gram of gold and have a maturity period of eight years. They also offer an annual interest rate of 2.5%.
- New Mahila Samman Savings Certificate: Mahila Samman Savings Certificate is a brand-new small savings programme that will be offered once for a two-year term ending in March 2025. With a tenor of 2 years and a fixed interest rate of 7.5%, this will provide a deposit facility of up to Rs. 2 lakhs in the name of women or girls with the option of partial withdrawal.
- Children Gift Mutual Fund: This mutual fund scheme can be started in the name of a child, making it a great investment option for mothers who want to secure their child’s future. The investment amount can be as low as Rs. 500, and the fund can be redeemed when the child turns 18.
- Public Provident Fund (PPF): PPF is a long-term investment option with a guaranteed return of 7.1% annually. It has a lock-in period of 15 years, but partial withdrawals can be made after five years.
- National Saving Certificate: NSC is a fixed-income investment scheme with a guaranteed return of 7% annually. It has a maturity period of five years, and the minimum investment amount is Rs. 1000. The deposit in this scheme can be made in multiples of 100.
- Unit-Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP): ULIP is an investment-cum-insurance scheme that offers both investment benefits and life coverage. It allows you to invest in equity and debt funds, and the returns are based on the market performance.
Investing in any of these schemes can help women achieve their financial goals and secure their future. It’s never too late to start investing, and it’s important to choose the right investment option based on your financial goals and risk appetite.
At Shoonya, we are committed to empowering women and enabling them to take control of their finances. In honour of International Women’s Day, we conducted a social experiment with our community of #WomenOfShoonya called #SaveLikeHer to encourage women to prioritise saving and investing.
As part of our efforts to support women’s financial independence, we offer a zero-charge platform to invest in mutual funds and other investment options. We believe that every woman should have access to the tools and resources necessary to build wealth and secure their financial future.
If you’re ready to take the first step to becoming financially independent, apply with Shoonya today and join our community of empowered women who are taking charge of their financial destinies.
Disclaimer: Investments in the securities market are subject to market risks; read all the related documents carefully before investing.